Penloc - is a 2-component toughened acrylic adhesive designed to bond most metals, plastics, glass, composites, GRP, DiBond, Fomex, Ceramics, stone and wood in any combination.
Penloc can improve on mechanical fixing methods such as welding or riveting by eliminating distortion and surface blemishes and avoiding subsequent refinishing costs.
Bonded parts should first be abraded with medium grit emery paper and cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol. DO NOT use methylated spirit or white spirit as this will lead to bond degradation and subsequent failure.
Plastic locators, Steel, Powder coated steel, Aluminium, Copper, Stainless steel, Brass, Chrome, Nickel, Zinc,/Zintec, Styrol, Epoxy FRP, Phenol FRP, GRP, Composites, DiBond, Foamex, Polyester, Rigid PVC, ABS, Acrylic, Nylon, Wood/MDF, Glass, Stone, Cement/Plaster, Melamine, Corian, Alcubond, Stelvetite or Colorcoat. Penloc is not suitable for bonding Lead, Rubber, PTFE, Polyethylene, Foams, Sponges, Expanded Plastics and some galvanised finishes.
• This acrylic is not clear in colour - where clear is required, use Penloc GTi Clear. Please note Penloc GTi Clear is not suitable for fixing plastic locators.
Handling strength - 3-5 minutes.
Full strength - 1 hour.
*IPA should be used for cleaning all surfaces prior to application.
Typical bond strength: aluminium - aluminium 224KG/CM2
Reminder: Don't forget your Isopropyl!
Coverage - 12ml cartridge
- 3mm bead size = 1.57 linear metres
- 0.05mm glueline thickness = 0.23m²
Coverage - 50ml cartridge
- 3mm bead size = 6.56 linear metres
- 4mm bead size = 3.69 linear metres
- 5mm bead size = 2.36 linear metres
- 0.05mm glueline thickness = 0.97m²
- 0.13mm glueline thickness = 0.39m²